Hey, been a while! I’m writing while on our way back from family vacation in Massanutten. Well actually I’m sitting in a parking lot outside of where we ate breakfast. I’ll get ya up to speed.

Started ACT classes on Wednesday of last week. I had a cold/flu then, so I had really look for the changes. Thankfully, I got mostly over the cold by the next day! My energy came back first, and my fatigue is basically happening only 50% of the time. It had been 70% of the time…wonderful difference. My joint pain was also a little lessened once I got past the on/off low-grade fevers of the cold, which was very nice. My neck got stiffer and had more pain during the cold/flu thing, and didn’t really clear up.

On Tuesday of this week, our family drove to Massanutten. We took a leisurely mosey of a drive to get there, so were on the road for about 6 hours. By the time we got there I was out of patience because my neck was hurting so bad. I just wanted to cry or scream, or both! My joints were also flaming up from the travel. My joints don’t like travel

Trying to fall asleep that night was beyond difficult, and I was trying to sleep in the same bed with my mom. Making both of us miserable. Wimper from neck pain, shift, joints snapping, shoulder grind, wimper again, groan, “Please stop,” “sorry,” “it’s ok, I know you’re miserable; trying to stay pretty still so hopefully you get comfy,” “Thanks.” I move the pillow and try to get comfy, try melatonin, but it doesn’t help the pain any. Just makes me dizzy tired and my own pain kept waking me up, wimper.

What was nice on the first night, was seeing 4 deer, a skunk and a fox as we were coming into the hotel. LOL! The next night, mom saw a racoon skimper out of a pear tree, and we saw yet more deer and foxes. It’s wild out here…I’m just glad we didn’t see a bear.

My second ACT class was this Wednesday. I grabbed my folder and put it in my bag with my bathing suit. We went to the Rec Center at Massanutten and were gonna swim a while in the pool. My bro had a great time on the diving board. My neck was still so stiff I couldn’t really function. Thankfully there was a hot tub! I got in the hot tub and seriously considered calling in to my class using my mom’s waterproof phone, LOL. But it was about 2 hours before class time. I used the jets on my neck and back. Ahhh. Also used it on nearly all my muscles and my feet. I had lots of points triggering off, but managed to dull most the pains, and eliminated a few. Most of the muscular stuff doesn’t hurt till there is pressure on it, so the jets were yow but good.

My turn to talk with Gary was pretty hectic, because we were trying to leave the Rec at the same time! Nonetheless it was a good call, and some codes were focused for my neck. Other classmates had symptoms that were ones I have to deal with everyday too. I love that there is such a great symptom overlap (even if those symptoms are not fun!) as this helps everyone to connect and also helps the codes work for everyone. After class I listened to the CD like you’re supposed to. Even during the codes being read I could feel my neck focussing on the area that hurt, and it heat up and had a pulsating type pain. My normal neck pain does not pulsate! The pain of this came and went during the hour

At first I tried to nap, but then my brothers and dad were cutting up: trying to tie two strips of toilet paper without ever letting go of any end…and one of them was in the middle. They did not succeed, LOL. Once it was done, and with much pestering from my family to “hurry up!” (you can only finish 1 hour of listening to something in 1 hour…not sooner, hello!), we went to dinner. This whole trip has been breaking the diet: we ate pizza, even with the tomato sauce and cheese. The onion was probably the only redeeming thing. If you can’t break your diet on vacation, what’s a vacation for?? LOL. I did ok, kinda.

I slept more restfull once people finally turned their lights and computers off that night. By that point my neck was already feeling better, hallelujah. It didn’t feel great, but it felt a good bit better, the pain was tolerable…something I can definitely sleep through.

Thursday was water park day. We had breakfast at the Thunderbird Cafe. Their food was amazing, and yes, I even had 6 bites or so of 6 different desserts. I really couldn’t resist, 🙂 . It did make me quite sleepy and I bulked up on probiotics once we got home. We stopped at a serplus store first, and hung aroudn there much longer than I would have liked, LOL. Mom got a cute tag made with a great picture of our dog, Berta, on it. My brother got a hilarious false “dog tag.” My other bro had a shopping spree… finally we got back tot he hotel and got ready for the water park. The water park was awesome, and I was so glad my neck was only hurting at an 8, instead of the 10 it had been at. It was a little stiff, but not so stiff that I felt it would break if some waterfall unexpectedly landed on my head, or a slide took an unexpected turn. The day before, I couldn’t have had any fun at all. But Thursday I did really feel a lot better. We spent about 6 hours there, and I snacked on my probiotic protein shake throughout to keep my energy up. It worked, I probably slid down the slides 30 or more times. Lots of stair climbing to do that. It was a really good day.

After the water park closed we got cleaned up and went to Clementine Cafe in Harrisonburg. The place is artsy and beautiful.  They also had a neat live rock band there. They were more like jamming, nothing too hard. And the food was incredible and very healthy. Wonderful experience all around! 🙂 I do think that this trip has been the best of 3 Massanutten vacations.

I was more sore last night as I tried to go to sleep, and my neck wasn’t so happy anymore, but what can you expect after a wild and fun day?  I’m pretty tired today, and will see how things ride. LOL, I still feel the good pulsating pain at times in my neck, and in my shoulders…It really does feel quite different than the normal pains. I think ACT is working, and am delighted about this. I give my body a challenge on trips.

Another thing that has improved during this week is that the mucous stuff from the cold is finally beginning to clear up. Taking Kali Suph has helped a lot….but I noticed yesterday afternoon that my mucous had lost the color, and gone clear. Now my sinuses are mostly dry. Whether this is from Act codes or the wonderful salt water at the water park, I don’t know. I mixed two very good factors, and maybe the salt water helped my body get going in the right direction. You need salt for the electrical action of frying bugs! That’s another topic…one that I’ve talked about with LLMD, and will share next post, I guess.

Looking forward to getting home and sleeping at proper hours. I’m also looking forward to being in Ga at the end of this month!!! Woohoo!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: